Sunday, July 19, 2009


BEST DUMPLING WINNERS

I was reading Time Out NY and they were rating NYC's best cheap eats.. Of course their needed to be a category for dumplings. Ummm Ummm....my favorite! Cheap and D E L I C I O U S!

Not to my surprise, 2 of the winners were located in Chinatown.

One winner is located right next door to me. New Yeah Shanghai Deluxe is famous for their soup dumplings. They come in pork, or a pork/crab mixture. Locals and tourists come near and far for these small pieces of heaven. One of my customers is having her wedding their and renting out the restaurant because she loves their dumplings that much.

The other location, I actually haven't tried. Prosperity Dumpling was the other winner. They are famous for their pan crisped pork and chive dumpling. They also come in all veggie which is made from minced mushrooms and greens. I'm planning on trying it out tomorrow.

I heart dumplings!


Prosperity Dumplings

46 Eldridge St between Canal and Hester Sts

(212-343-0683)



New Shanghai Deluxe

65 Bayard Street

New York, NY 10013

212-566-4884