Monday, March 22, 2010

CLOSED STORE FRONTS IN CHINATOWN




Doing business in a bad economy is bad! I've been seeing closed gates on some of my favorite places.

Kung Fu Bing which opened about a year ago already has a closed gate with a "For Rent" sign. They had forecasted opening multiple stores throughout Manhattan. I'm already missing their mint bubble tea and breakfast sandwiches.

Komba which has been one of my favorite places to eat and chit chat with my friends is also closed and is for rent. I feel nostalgic for their club sandwiches and Portuguese rice!

The Mulberry Hotel is the new posh place being constructed across from Columbus Park. It now has a "for sale" sign in it's window. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

The gates of Green Tea House have been down for at least a week . They have awesome tea and sell our ice cream! It would be a shame if they were closed for good! No sign has been posted yet, so stay tuned....