Thursday, March 08, 2007

CHOCOLATE BROWNIE ICE CREAM

On my off days, I enjoy baking and cooking for friends and family. I hear that food is the way to a man's heart, but yet I find myself still single. Oh well, at least my friends and family love me!! (Or at least they love my food and desserts!)

Well, tommorrow I'm going to my good friend Michelle. Since I haven't seen her in a bit, I decided to make her a batch of my homemade, full of TLC brownies!

People come in and ask, "when is the next time that you're going to have chocolate brownie ice cream?". Well since I'm in my baking mode, I guess we'll being making that flavor for all next week.

I only use the best ingredients, in my cooking, baking, and of course in the ice cream process. My brownies are made with organic Green & Black's chocolate. Love their brand! It has an earthy chocolate taste that is perfect for baking.

I went to pastry and baking school at The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) for recreation. My instructors would be proud of me that I continue insanely baking. Here's my recipe for my homemade brownies.

CHRISTINA'S SUPER YUMMY, FULL OF TLC BROWNIES

Ingredients:
16 tablespoons (2 sticks) of unsalted butter)
8 ounces Green and Black's Baking Chocolate
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour

one 13X9X2 inch pan that should be greased with butter and lined with parchment paper

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and turn off heat. Put the butter and chocolate into a stainless steel mixing bowl and put this over the saucepan of water. (This is also called a double boiler.) Stir the chocolate and butter occasionally until melted.

3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the sugars, salt and vanilla. Next, stir in our chocolate and butter.

4. Slowly fold in the flour.

5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Make sure that the mixture is spread evenly. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

ENJOY!