Wednesday, June 10, 2009

THE ANSWER TO THE "SHOE MAN"

I've been getting a lot of emails about the "Shoe Man" of Columbus Park.  I had blogged earlier how the man who has been repairing shoes for 26 years has moved.  I was wondering why and now there is an answer....

The Police have been chasing him away because he doesn't have a license.  Although the license only costs $100, the number of them is capped per year.  

Like a fugitive, our Shoe Man has to be on the run from the Police.  I think it's ridiculous.

The Shoe Man doesn't hurt anyone and he hardly makes anything.  He is a staple in our community.  I want to ask if there are more important things to take care of in our community than chasing away an old man? 

Below is a link to the NY Daily News article, if you'd like to read more.