Sunday, June 14, 2009


FIVE POINTS OPEN MIC

On Friday nights I usually have work. Yes, I know I need to get a life...

So I've been dying to go to the Five Points. This past Friday, I finally had the chance.

I was really impressed with what Telly (the head honcho) has done with the venue.

The Five Points open mic used to be called Teabag back in the day. On Friday nights the Silk Road Mocha Cafe comes A L I V E with performances...

The back area of the cafe turns into into the stage area.

Acts include musicians, comedians, poets, and more. Musicians like Kevin So, Cynthia Lin, and Taiyo have also passed through here. They are among some of my favorites!

I'lll be back again!

Admission is $5 plus a 2 drink minimum. New performers are welcomed!

FIVE POINTS OPEN MIC@
Silk Road Mocha
30 Mott Street